The AYE is designed to ensure that newly qualified social workers have made the transition from student to employee and have demonstrated sustained, continuous and effective competence.
Employers must confirm to the Social Care Council that the registrant is fit to practise as a fully accountable social worker before the AYE condition can be.
The Social Care Council must ensure that all registrants are fit and competent to be on the Social Care Register and that they meet the requirements to maintain their registration. Newly qualified social work graduates are transferred to the social work part of the register with a condition on their registration that they complete an ‘Assessed Year in Employment’ (AYE). They will not be a fully registered social worker until the AYE is successfully completed.
To be, or not to be. That is the question.
DHSSPS Circular HSS (OSS) AYE 2/2015 sets out the Employer’s responsibility for ensuring the Council Minimum Standards for completion of the AYE are met.
The AYE is designed to provide the foundation for career progression and professional development and comprises two core elements:
- Support to newly qualified social workers in their first year of practice following qualification
- A framework for formative and summative assessment of newly qualified social workers against the National Occupational Standards for Social Work
AYE Checklist for Registrants
When you obtain a post where the employer confirms they can support you to complete the AYE it is essential that you confirm a start date with NISCC. Before you begin the AYE it is your responsibility to complete the following tasks:
- Ensure you have completed and have a copy of the Summary of Learning. (You should have completed this during the last term of the Degree in Social Work)
- Create your online registration account at the Online portal (if you haven’t already done this during your student registration)
- Record your AYE commencement and progress through the Online Portal. Guidance on AYE is also available through the Portal. Links to guidance documents and reporting forms are also available in the Downloads section on the right of this page.
- Apply through the portal for registration on the social work part of the register (student registration is cancelled when the Degree is successfully completed)
- Pay your fee as a qualified social worker
This is test list:
- First item
- Second item
At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui blanditiis praesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sint occaecati cupiditate non provident, similique sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollitia animi, id est laborum et dolorum fuga.
Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio. Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit quo minus id quod maxime placeat facere possimus, omnis voluptas assumenda est, omnis dolor repellendus. Temporibus autem quibusdam et aut officiis debitis aut rerum necessitatibus saepe eveniet ut et voluptates repudiandae sint et molestiae non recusandae. Itaque earum rerum hic tenetur a sapiente delectus, ut aut reiciendis voluptatibus maiores alias consequatur aut perferendis doloribus asperiores repellat.