Date: 1st March 2024
Time: 12:00 - 1.30pm
This special Lunchtime Seminar is presented by the Department of Health and will launch the 2024 Supervision Policy for all social workers employed by Health & Social Care Trusts in Northern Ireland. It may also be of interest to those within other sectors that employ social workers.
Promoting quality supervision in social work – The Social Work (NI) Supervision Policy 2024 session will outline the new 2024 social work supervision policy and will include:
- Opening message – Aine Morrison, Chief Social Worker, Department of Health
- Outline of the Supervision Policy – Susan Ritchie, Professional Social Work Officer, Department of Health
- Key messages from social work supervision research – Dr Paula McFadden, Senior Social Work Lecturer, Ulster University
- The value of using group & peer supervision methods in social work supervision – Maria Emilsson, Principal Social Worker, Western Trust
- The Social Work Leadership Framework and Supervision & closing comments – Marian O’Rourke, Director of Regulation & Standards, the Social Care Council
By the end of the session attendees will have an awareness of the new policy and the next steps that will take place within organisations in relation to the policy.
We hope you will join us for this informative and important seminar.
Book your place HERE
Don’t forget: Registered social workers and social care workers can use Lunchtime Seminars as part of their Post Registration Training and Learning (PRTL).Further Info: Further Info: Email Alison Shaw - firstname.lastname@example.org