This was co-produced by government, social workers and the people they work with and is applicable to all social workers, irrespective of where they work, who they work with or their specific job role and responsibilities. It will help social workers explain to others what they do in a clear and consistent way and includes:
- Key areas of social wellbeing that are the focus of social work interventions including: relationships and belonging; independence and responsibility; purpose and meaning; and safe and well.
- A summary of social work values, characteristics of effective practice, a practice continuum and people’s expectations of social workers.
Get Your Copy
Download - a PDF copy of the new leaflet from the Department Health (NI) website at: https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/publications/purpose-social-work-improving-and-safeguarding-social-wellbeing
Collect a printed copy – supplies of the publication are now available in each Health and Social Care Trust, Probation NI, NIGALA, Education Welfare Service and the Voluntary Sector. Contact details for the people who can provide copies are as follows:
- Belfast Trust John Growcott John.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern Trust Veronica Callaghan email@example.com
- South Eastern Trust Barbara Campbell Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southern Trust Daphne Johnston email@example.com
- Western Trust Karen O’Brien Karen.obrien@firstname.lastname@example.org
- CiNI Ciaran Trainor email@example.com
Follow the Social Work Strategy online at:
Sign up for the Social Work Strategy Message of the Week
Email your details to: SWS@health-ni.gov.uk to be added to the subscribers list.