Social workers acting from the strengths perspective are concerned with resources, connections, skills, and qualities that will enhance an individual’s resilience in the future. Yet, often those we work with are faced with internal, external and situational obstacles which inhibit their ability to realise their desired future.
This one day training will examine
- An understanding of resilience through adversity
- The promotion of resilience through motivational interviewing skills & solution based engagement
- How to identify and mobilise strengths to achieve desired goals and visions
- The promotion of environments and relationships conducive to individual self-actualisation
PRTL certificates will be provided and the training can also be used to claim professional credits from the PiP Framework.
Delivering Strength Base Social Work Practice Dates
- Tuesday, 16th January 2018 (10am - 4pm), Holywell Hospital, Antrim
- Wednesday, 17th January 2018 (10am - 4pm), NIASW, Belfast
- Thursday, 18th January 2018 (10am - 4pm), Lakeview Hospital, Derry
Free to members, £50 non-members / please note lunch will not be provided