The awards recognise and reward the efforts of social workers and highlight the positive impact of the profession on individuals, families and communities. Shortlisted finalists will be invited to a celebratory lunch and awards presentation on Galgorm Resort, Ballymena on Friday 9 March 2018.
All applications must be submitted by email, using this Awards application form
This is a large MS WORD file. It may take a few minutes to download.
Nominations for the awards – now in their sixth year - are invited from any social work agency or social worker(s) in the statutory, voluntary, private, education and training sectors. Service users, carers or employers who are nominating a team or individual will have the opportunity to acknowledge the positive contribution social workers have made for them. Their social worker will be happy to advise them about the process.
Led by the Health and Social Care Board (HSCB), the Social Work Awards are organised in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC), the Northern Ireland Association of Social Workers (NIASW), and the five Health and Social Care Trusts in partnership with social work organisations from criminal justice, education and the voluntary and independent sectors.
Fionnuala McAndrew, Director of Social Care, Health and Social Care Board encourages fellow social workers to nominate as many individuals, teams and projects as possible.
The award categories are:
- Children’s Services Team of the Year
- Adult Services Team of the Year
- Partnership Team of the Year
- Learning and Development Award of the Year -Team, or Individual
- Children’s Services Social Worker of the Year
- Adult Services Social Worker of the Year
- Newly Qualified Social Worker of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award sponsored by the Northern Ireland Association of Social Workers