This website is run by the Northern Ireland Social Care Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website, for this reason we’ve added ReachDeck Toolbar to our site; a digital inclusion toolbar from Texthelp that helps you to access and understand our content, so you can interact with our website independently and with ease.
Some of the features available through ReachDeck Toolbar are:
– text-to-speech: click on or select any text to hear it read aloud
– translation: written and spoken translations in multiple languages
– text magnification: enlarges text and reads it out loud
– mp3 generation: converts selected text into an MP3 audio file
– screen mask: blocks distractions on screen with a tinted mask
– web page simplifier: removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main text
– settings: customize options to suit individual needs or preferences
To use ReachDeck Toolbar click on the orange ReachDeck icon that you can see in the bottom right corner of all our website pages. This will launch the ReachDeck Toolbar that docks to the top of the screen.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
– you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
– some older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
– some of our videos do not have captions
– some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 5 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: email@example.com.