Skip to main content

Registrants responsibilities


Below is a quick guide to regulatory requirements to support you during your time with the Social Care Council.

I Require Voluntary Removal from the Register

If you leave the social care workforce permanently you should update your employment information via your online portal account and request voluntary removal from the Register.  This will end your registration and will also ensure that should you need to Register again in future, you will not be subject to payment of any fees which were outstanding at the time of removal.

It will be the responsibility of any social care worker or social worker to ensure that they re-apply and are confirmed as registered again before returning to work following a period of removal from the Register.

Please allow 4-6 weeks for the processing of a new application which will carry the standard fee for the Register part to which you are applying.

Voluntary removal may be applied for via your online portal account at ‘Request Removal from the Register’ or by emailing your request to

Download our Guides