Skip to main content

I am a Social Worker, Social Care Worker or other healthcare professional


If you are a manager with responsibility for the social worker or social care worker please refer to section ‘I am an employer or manager’.

In accordance with the Standards of Conduct and Practice you must meet your own responsibility for service user safety.  You must bring to the attention of your employer or us, without delay, where the practice of colleagues or other may be unsafe or adversely affecting standards of care. 

The Social Care Council will normally direct a person wishing to make an allegation to the registrant’s employer in the first instance.  In most cases, it is best to raise concerns with the employer first because they can resolve issues quickly and fairly without the need for our involvement.  If the employer decides to refer the case to us, they can send us all the information from their investigation, which will speed up the process.

Employers will have whistleblowing policies in place to afford protection under legislation for anyone who wishes to raise a concern.

If you wish to remain anonymous you can still make a referral, however please be advised that you will not receive any updates on the progress of the investigation.

Referral-Form-Colleague – submit by:


Fitness to Practise
Northern Ireland Social Care Council
4th Floor, James House
2 Cromac Avenue