Registration is now open for the Northern Ireland Social Care Council’s (the Social Care Council’s) Social Care Manager’s workshops.
Workshops are taking place from Monday 9 October to Thursday 12 October 2023 from 10am to 1pm as follows:
– Monday 9 October at Stormont Hotel, Belfast.
– Tuesday 10 October at Everglades Hotel, Derry/Londonderry.
– Wednesday 11 October at Tullyglass Hotel, Ballymena.
– Thursday 12 October at Armagh City Hotel, Armagh.
We would like to invite all social care managers and staff who supervise social care staff and/or manage social care services to attend these free workshops.
The workshops provide an opportunity to learn about:
– Care in Practice – a new learning and development framework to support the social care workforce.
– New entrance qualification coming in 2024 – Level 2 Certificate in Safe and Effective Practice.
This provides an opportunity to have your say in the development of this new learning and development framework and entrance level qualification for the social care workforce. These developments are taking place as part of a social care workforce reform initiative that the Department of Health has commissioned the Social Care Council to take forward which aims to
– Provide social care managers and workers with opportunities and recognition for your continuous professional learning and development.
– Contribute to making social care more attractive as a long-term, professional career.
These workshops will give you the opportunity to tell us your views, needs, and expectations regarding workforce learning and development within social care, and will allow you to provide feedback on the proposed Care in Practice Framework.
Managers feedback will have a genuine impact on the further development of the Framework.
These workshops will be facilitated by Big Motive, a local design agency who have been commissioned by the Social Care Council to conduct this research on our behalf.
If you would like to take part in one of the workshops, please book your place today as places are limited by completing the short form at the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSds1Yo3ga9cT5uVwdy2MTwtxVFwJHjjWb-pXl5rZUYeos0YjA/viewform
Any issues with opening/accessing the survey link please contact Jonathan Synnott at email@example.com.