Holding Hearings in Public
Hearings are normally held in public. Details of scheduled hearings are listed in date order on this page. If you would like to observe a Hearing, please contact the Committee Clerk to confirm your attendance. Email:email@example.com or call 028 9536 2932.
Holding Hearings in Private
In some cases, the Hearing may be heard or part-heard in private. This may be to protect vulnerable witnesses, or if there is confidential information relating to the registrant’s health or personal circumstances.
Publishing Information About Hearings
To ensure the public is aware that a hearing is taking place. NISCC will publish information about the date, time, location and registrant name on this part of the website at least one week before the hearing date.
Following the Hearing, the Notice of Decision will be published on the Hearings & Decisions page of the website. Hearing information may be redacted if necessary, but a record of the Committee Decision will always be published. Further information about the information we manage information for Hearings is provided in our Hearings Disclosure Policy.
All queries relating to NISCC Hearings processes should be directed to the NISCC Communications Team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028 9536 2600.
Please note, that to avoid prejudicing a Hearing, NISCC is only able to release the information listed above in advance of the hearing.
Guidance for Members of the Public/Media/Press Observing a Hearing
- Arrive in good time. You will not be able to enter the Hearing while a session is in progress
- NISCC can only provide an approximate time for the hearing to last. You will only be able to leave the Hearing at points when the Committee recesses.
- You should allow for the possibility that there may be adjournments or requests for part or all of the Hearing to be heard in private. Do not approach the registrant, representative or any witnesses to discuss the Hearing. Any queries should be addressed to NISCC staff.
- The Hearing will be recorded by a stenographer and by an in-house camera system. This material is held purely for confirmation of the events and is not released by NISCC.
- No filming or recording of any of the events inside the NISCC building without the prior permission of the NISCC. It will not be possible to interview the Committee, NISCC staff or the parties involved in the Hearing.
- Names of witnesses or service users may be redacted to respect their privacy. This should be honoured in any subsequent reporting.
- All mobile phones and electronic devises must be switched off
- No food or drink to be consumed inside the Hearing room
- No talking or communication between observers during the Hearing.