You can navigate back and forth through the various sections of the form to check what you have entered and add additional information. If you have any questions please see the How to Register guide or contact the Customer Service Team.
1. Create your NISCC Online registration account at: https://niscconline.hscni.net (take care to choose a username and password that is secure and memorable) If you have ever been registered with NISCC before, but do not have an online account, select the option to ‘complete your account creation’. This will allow you to retrieve your contact information.
2. Select the New Application option. You will then be asked to provide:
- Your contact details
- Current and past employment
- Information on induction and qualifications.
- You must also disclose information about disciplinary matters, health matters and any offending history. (Disclosing information about your health or disciplinary matters does not mean that registration will be refused but you must provide the requested information to allow us to assess your ability to work safely in social care).
3. Select an authorised individual from your organisation to verify your identity on the application. (For students, verification will be completed by their course tutor).
4. Select an authorised individual to endorse your application online. Endorsement confirms your good character and conduct, competence, physical and mental fitness to practise. The online system will show you a list of people within your organisation who are approved to endorse applications. You should check with your line manager which endorser to select before you start your application. (Students are not required to complete the endorsement process).
5. Upload copies of your identification documents that have been verified by your manager. (for example: passport, driving licence, electoral card). It is your responsibility to submit the documents which have been verified by your manager with your application to NISCC. If you are unable to scan and upload your documents you can send them by email or post them to us. (Remember if sending by post to include your current personal details/home address). Please do not send original documents.
6. Pay your application Fee. It is important to pay the appropriate fee. Payment can be made using major debit or credit cards.
7. Check your form before you confirm that you agree to the outlined terms for registration. This includes:
Meeting the standards set out in the NISCC Standards of Conduct and Practice for Social Care Workers,
Committing to completing training and learning (what we call Post Registration and Learning or PRTL) and
Ensuring NISCC is informed of any change in your personal/employment information or your disciplinary/criminal/health records.
8. Complete your Personal Declaration and submit the application.
When you have completed and submitted your form you are able to print a summary form showing the information you have entered, if you wish (this is recommended).
When your application is successful, we will send you a registration certificate and place your name, registration number and town of employment on the NISCC Public Register.
DHSSPS bursaries for social work students will only be paid to eligible social work students when they have enrolled on their course and their NISCC registration is completed.