Phase 1 of workshops delivered 25 enhanced learning events across Northern Ireland, covering a range of themes like Medication Management, Dysphagia and Continence, Reablement, etc.
Participants have fed back that they found the training engaging, supportive and informative:
‘All staff should do these courses as they are very helpful into making us understand more about domiciliary care, and how much we participate in our line of care. They prompted discussions, thinking and enabled me to put new things into practice’
‘The project helps providers to create a greater sense of continuity within the service.’
‘I really enjoyed meeting with people who work in the same sector and having the opportunity to discuss and share knowledge and experiences’
Below are the next scheduled workshops – more dates will be added and announced on our website and on Social Media. Booking will be available 6 weeks in advance through eventbride, to book your place click the event you’d like to attend:
• 12/11/2019 - Medications Management Training - The Waterfoot Hotel, Londonderry
• 21/01/2020 - Medications Management Training - Crumlin Road Gaol, Belfast
• 28/01/2020 - Continence Management Training - Trinity Methodist Church, Knockmore Road, Lisburn
• 04/02/2020 - Continence Management Training - Strangford Arms Hotel, Newtownards
• 10/03/2020 - Medications Management Training - The Jethro Centre, Lurgan
The training is facilitated by the Social Care Council and delivered by partner organisations. Funding is also available for employers to facilitate staff attendance/backfill arrangements attending from the voluntary and private sectors.
For further information please contact James Edgar, Project Support Officer, Social Care Council at James.Edgar@niscc.hscni.net or 028 9536 2976.